It’s been a while since I put up one of these, but the time has come. I don’t have time to tackle all these and they deserve attention.
1) Bristol Palin‘s run on Dancing With the Stars. First, we wondered who the hell nominated her. Then it was her body and her dancing. Then people accused the Tea Party of rigging the votes in her favor. Now Margaret Cho says Sarah forced Bristol to do it. What are the political implications of all this? What are the ramifications for women?
- Bristol Palin denies mother forced her on “DWTS” (omg.yahoo.com)
- Kathy Griffin On Bristol Palin’s Weight: ‘She’s Like The White Precious’ (huffingtonpost.com)
2) What’s going on with the Bush Tax Cuts? Some people say repeal, some say don’t. It’s an economic clusterfuck. Whatever happens, it will have a big impact on everyone. So will Unemployment Extensions–or the lack of them.
- Millionaires to Obama: Tax Us (Yahoo News)
3) So, apparently 2010 was The Year of the Woman. We weren’t informed of this, but apparently it is so. What the fark are they talking about, and does it hold water? And, with 2010 drawing to a close, are women now out of luck for the next 2,010 years? Or are we embarking on a new decade or awesomeness?
If you know of a topic that should be addressed but you don’t feel up to doing it yourself drop us a line and we’ll add it to the Assignment Desk.
Tawk amongst yourselves.