Tomorrow, I leave for a work training conference in… Utah. I didn’t pick it, that’s where it is.
Lucky for me, my mother is one of the most organized people on the planet. Years ago she made up some travel lists for each of us. This was very important, as I was eight years old and we were going overseas for several weeks. These lists are still in use, with modifications.
My most recent copy is from 2004. Here are some highlights:
- Emery board (That has my mother written all over it.)
- Hat (Also my mother, I hate hats.)
- School ID (I’m not in school anymore.)
- IPod [sic]
- Batteries (Holdover from the discman days, why wasn’t this deleted?)
- Retainer Box (Uh, I know that was a hopeful lie.)
- FILM!!!! (WOW! Remember when cameras still used film!?)
- Floppies (Holy shitmonkeys. Remember the time before thumb drives?!)
- Ear gel (For the second holes in my ears that have since closed up.)
Wow, that is a blast from the past. Clearly I did not prune that list very well on the last iteration.
Assuming I’m not stranded and bored, the next time I post, I will be in Utah!